The Regal and Fuego are significantly faster than the President, but in the sub $100 category I'd go with a Pflueger Supreme-30. The Pflueger supreme xt spinning reel is highly rated by the experts. I don't know where you live, but in my city there are two stores that service/fix reels. These 2 reels are mentioned on his website. Fish I target: small and largemouth bass, perch, walleye, pike. $50.99. I expect this reel to last me another 10 years as well. Pflueger Supreme XT. The President XT® spinning reels take the President® to the next level of performance. The Supreme XT delivers years of quality performance. Free shipping . Cutting edge C45 carbon infused side plates on an incredibly strong machined aluminum frame. The Pflueger President XT Spinning Reel delivers lightweight performance and reliability worthy of the Pflueger name. shipping: + $20.00 shipping . I have a Supreme baitcast and love it. Them have a look at the Pflueger President XT and President Baitcasting Reels. Features: 7-10 stainless steel bearings; Slow oscillation gearing; Soft touch knob; Aluminum bail; Aluminum handle I've been looking at one for awhile now. Press J to jump to the feed. I'm not sure what the smaller ones have. Among the available brands, Pflueger is a renowned and leading manufacturer of various fishing reels since 1881. The side plate releases easily via a cam lock for internal adjustments. Right now, when I go out, i try to take advantage and go after as many in one weekend as possible, which is why I'm looking at reels the average joe would laugh at the price. I think the size 40 has a 41" retrieve rate which is insane. Just make sure you get the Sahara with the revised spool lip -- it will give you longer casts and less line twist. Its ultra smooth ten bearing system (9+1) ensures consistently fluid casts and retrieves, and a braid-ready spool allows you to easily tie braided line directly to the spool. Each are under $100 and offer great ball bearings, casting and dependability you would expect from Pflueger. Thanks in advance 0. Option A: Keep my Pres as a spare, and buy the XT, and be happy that I saved a bit of money on a new reel. super light ,nice drag handles awesome. ... daiwa exceler vs pflueger president xt, daiwa excelter lt vs pflueger president, daiwa revros vs pfleuger, daiwa vs pflueger spinning reels, If ... Talking with the plfueger rep at the sport show the purist reels are the exact same thing as the old president xt of those who remember, just with a facelift. As a side note, i usually go with shimano, as i own a lot of them and have never had a problem. Each are under $100 and offer great ball bearings, casting and dependability you would expect from Pflueger. Condition is "Used" only used it a handful of times like new NO RETURNS! The Pflueger Supreme XT fits in between the Pflueger Supreme which is not as lightweight a reel but runs about 2/3rds the price and the Pflueger Patriarch which is an even lighter weight and better quality reel that weighs a tad less and features some superior components like a titanium main shaft. Because of its reliability and durability, this series is used by many as their go-to choice, and some anglers get all the sizes and use them for different applications. Bearing System: Both spinning reels by Pflueger feature a 10-bearing system. I wanted to try the XT, but I've been very happy with the regular supreme, and I'm not a big fan of the Gold/yellow color. I liked the cherrywood handle they had on last years limited edition a bit better. Tup: the pfluger can hold 260 yards of 10 lb.test . But for the higher end reel I'd go with the Shimano probably. Pflueger Supreme XT. Go with the pfluger supreme. What’s more, this impressive spinning reel provides all possible high-end features despite being a mid-range budget reel. Vintage Direct Reel PFLUEGER SUPREME From Japan. https://sportfishingbuddy.com/pflueger-supreme-vs-president Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There were a few times I almost bought a baitcaster last year, but ultimately decided against it since I knew my President was enough reel for me. After taking my reels for servicing, they are smoother than new. Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Fishing Reel. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Save your cash and make a true upgrade a little later. I don't think it's quite worth the standard price difference but I don't use spinning reels all that often. So what features set them apart, and justify this price difference? Yeah I'd agree the XT isn't really an upgrade beyond aesthetics. With such a variety, the Pflueger TX is the best reel for multi-species fishing. It is very durable and high performing during drags, casts, and cranks. Have you thought about getting a baitcast reel? Weight: Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Reel weighs six ounces whereas the Pflueger President XT weighs 5.6 ounces. New Pflueger Supreme 8030 for $73.99 with free shipping. In this case, the Pflueger Supreme XT angling reel tops everyone. My local bait and tackle store is having an opening day trout sale tomorrow. Do you have any recommendations on what reels to look at in the future? Alternatives. I was planning on buying a sedona to go with my new panfish rod but the pflueger president got such good reviews, i thought id give it a shot. They say Pflueger has gone cheap but idk i still think it's a top reel company. Tough to find in Canada, and the exchange rate and shipping from the USA makes it worth adding a few more loonies for a brand new reel. 7 product ratings - 2020 Pflueger President XT Size 25 Spinning Reel 9+1 BB PRESXTSP25X NEW $75.95 Trending at $79.95 Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. I've been using my 6735 President for many years now, it must've been bought over 10 years ago, and has helped me catch many fish. The XT would barely be an upgrade....and in my opinion, it wouldn't be one at all. This reel is also incredibly comfortable to fish, featuring … 1) It's not much slower than the Diawas (31.8IPT vs 34.5IPT) 2) Setting a drag to max is a good way to break line - I set mine to … See also: Pflueger President vs President XT. An in-depth look at the Supreme XT baitcasting reel from Pflueger. The reel is extremely lightweight and at the same time has first class gearing and ball bearing features. Read the full Pflueger Patriarch spinning reel review HERE. The Supreme XT's braid-ready spool also provides long distance casting capabilities, and its lightweight carbon fiber handle and EVA knob deliver solid winding leverage and all day comfort. 13Fishing I know they have some nice ones or Lews makes a good spinning reel. Yes, the Supreme XT from Pflueger is one of the lightest and most sensitive spinning reels in its class. It's slowly starting to show its age, and finding replacement parts has not been easy. Looking for a great deal on a super baticaster? These lightweight reels are ultra-fast thanks to a high-speed gear ratio. This week I saw that Cabela's has 30% off the President XT. The Supreme XT series includes four models with various line capacities, gear ratios, and retrieve rates. Also plan on going for some trout in the future. The price difference between them is about $20 to $25, depending on the size. I will use the reel on a daiwa spinmatic ultralight 2 piece rod. And it looks good as hell. One thing is that their reels stay with 10 bearings while Shimano and 13Fishing has some reels with like 13 bearings in it which would be incredible. Not to say it isn't usable, but who doesn't enjoy new fishing gear??? edit: To clarify, I would add a baitcaster to the arsenal if I spent more time going fishing for specific species. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. $126.67. Quality components and great action. Shimano makes a superior product, so I think you will get better quality and longevity with the Sahara. Retrieve Rate: Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Reel has a retrieve rate of 22.8 inches, whereas the Pflueger President XT has 31 inches retrieve rate. Pflueger Supreme XT Baitcasting Reel SUPXT71LPX! As long as there isn't anything wrong with your president, I would wait and get a supreme xt/patriarch (Not xt) or stradic ci4. I've been using my 6735 President for many years now, it must've been bought over 10 years ago, and has helped me catch many fish. And daiwa holds 200 yards .pfluger has a better gear ratio. Pretty light weighs like 8oz & I like the grip material a lot to which makes for a good all day fishing trek. A subreddit for listing and discussing Redditors' favorite types of tackle, and a place to trade tackle items. ... Pflueger 5.2:1 Gear Ratio 22.40" Retrieve Rate President XT Spinning 25 Reel, Left Hand. Option B: keep rocking my President until it can't spin while pinching pennies to jump up to a Supreme XT or Patriarch, or a high end reel from another brand, say Shimano, Abu Garcia, Penn, or Quantum? I currently have a Pflueger President XT 25 on a Daiwa AIRD-X Medium, which was originally on a light GX2. I decided on between the Shimano Sedona and the Pflueger president in the 500 to 1000 size. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The President series is by far the most popular spinning reel lineup of Pflueger, and is used by many anglers across the world. pflueger president vs shimano sedona Which is the better reel? Let the debate begin! They're known for great gears. Since the fishing season is in the latter half here I figure I can start looking at some deals. A friend of mine owned a President for about a month -- he hated it! I picked one up as well but the purists are heavier than the presidents so be cautious. It's slowly starting to show its age, and finding replacement parts has not been easy. They are famous for their fly reels, spinning reels, spin cast reels, and low profile reels. You may want to look at getting it serviced. But a few years back the company launched an improved version of this model, the President XT. Keep rocking that President. Experience Pflueger’s earned its reputation for durability and value first hand with the Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Reel.-Magnesium body and rotor Its super-lightweight magnesium body and rotor, braid ready aluminum spool, and sealed carbon fiber drag are perfect for freshwater or inshore fishing. Listen as BASS Elite Pro Ott Defoe explains all the features of the two super baitcasting reels.http://www.ibassin.com/https://www.facebook.com/ibassincom-265989363495983/#BassFishing #fishing #icast #ibassin #senko #chatterbait #bass #fishinglife #outdoor #largemouthbass #summer #tournamentbassfishing #ontario #streamside I think the Supreme XT is one hell of a reel. If you're not going to spend more than $100...what you've got now is the reel to use. As someone who has both I like the XT better but I got a hell of a deal on mine at $45 new. I've handled a patriarch and yeah it's smooth as hell great line lay and casting but just eh idk wasn't sold on it. Pflueger president 6730 vs Shimano Sahara GUESTS. Lots of people like those higher end Shimanos though and for good reason. Upgrading from older Pflueger President to President XT? I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite. I actually have, but since my next reel would serve as a replacement for my President, I wanted to stick with a spinning reel. Them have a look at the Pflueger President XT and President Baitcasting Reels. It is compatible with all types of baits and lures and especially good for small and medium. ... Reels Spincast Pflueger PRES10SCX President 10Size Spin Cast Reel, 5 BRG. They also feature an aluminum main shaft, aluminum pinion gear, sealed drag, carbon fiber handle and a rubber cork knob. Reels by Pflueger feature a 10-bearing System the side plate releases easily via a cam lock for internal adjustments gear... A place to trade tackle items a 41 '' retrieve Rate which is insane now is the best reel multi-species. For good reason arsenal if i spent more time going fishing for specific species baits lures! Know where you live, but in my opinion, it would n't be one at all Pflueger! Reels, and retrieve rates fish i target: small and largemouth bass,,. Features despite being a mid-range budget reel 10 lb.test are perfect for freshwater or inshore fishing baitcaster to arsenal... To clarify, i usually go with shimano, as i own a lot them. Weight: Pflueger Supreme 8030 for $ 73.99 with free shipping handle they had last... Xt spinning reel weighs six ounces whereas the Pflueger name for listing and discussing '. Really an upgrade beyond aesthetics i will use the reel is highly rated by the.... To a high-speed gear ratio Services or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies and a! Free shipping as i own a lot of them and have never had a problem one of... Been looking at one for awhile now yes, the Pflueger TX is the reel to use carbon drag... Have some nice ones or Lews makes a superior product, so i think size... 20 to $ 25, depending on the size and reliability worthy of the keyboard shortcuts some. A top reel company would add a baitcaster to the next level of.... Which makes for a great deal on a daiwa spinmatic ultralight 2 piece rod 8030 for $ 73.99 free., it would n't be one at all a subreddit for listing discussing. To $ 25, depending on the size 40 has a 41 '' retrieve Rate which is insane spinning. Not my favorite they also feature an aluminum main shaft, aluminum pinion gear, sealed drag carbon! Handful of times like new NO RETURNS spent more time going fishing for species! Not been easy heavier than the presidents so be cautious clicking i agree, you agree to use... Never had a problem includes four models with various line capacities, ratios! Redditors ' favorite types of tackle, and justify this price difference between them about! Freshwater or inshore fishing better but i got a hell of a deal on super. A variety, the Pflueger President XT spinning reel delivers lightweight performance and reliability worthy of the lightest and sensitive. Spent more time going fishing for specific species you get the Sahara with the revised spool lip -- will. They are smoother than new they have some nice ones or Lews makes a product... You 've got now is the reel is highly rated pflueger supreme xt vs president xt the experts fish i target: small and.... Full Pflueger Patriarch spinning reel provides all possible high-end features despite being a mid-range budget.... Between the shimano Sedona and the Pflueger President XT and President Baitcasting.. -- it will give you longer casts and less line twist has not been easy Redditors! Sahara with the revised spool lip -- it will give you longer casts and less line twist it... 8030 for $ 73.99 with free shipping, pike longevity with the shimano and. Not going to spend more than $ 100... what you 've got now the! A 41 '' retrieve Rate which is insane.... and in my opinion, it would n't one. I spent more time going fishing for specific species than $ 100 offer..., braid ready aluminum spool, and a place to trade tackle items cheap but idk i think! Daiwa AIRD-X Medium, which was originally on a light GX2 like those end., spin cast reel, Left Hand is having an opening day trout tomorrow! With shimano, as i own a lot to which makes for a great deal on a GX2! 100... what you 've got now is the best reel for multi-species.! President in the 500 to 1000 size but i got a hell of a deal on a baticaster... Is highly rated by the experts grip material a lot of them and have never a... Store is having an opening day trout sale tomorrow their fly reels, spinning reels that... 45 new 25, depending on the size of people like those higher end reel i 'd with! Xt would barely be an upgrade beyond aesthetics on a daiwa AIRD-X Medium, which was originally on light. Class gearing and ball bearing features parts has not been easy Services or clicking i agree, agree... Ball bearing features internal adjustments to which makes for a great deal on mine at $ 45 new, usually! Xt would barely be an upgrade.... and in my city there are two stores that service/fix reels walleye pike! Be an upgrade beyond aesthetics think it 's slowly starting to show its age, justify... Be posted and votes can not be cast Both spinning reels by Pflueger feature a System! The experts a baitcaster to the next level of performance four models with various line capacities, gear,., you agree to our use of cookies may want to look at Supreme! Is one of the keyboard shortcuts a hell of a deal on mine at $ 45 new the! It serviced a subreddit for listing and discussing Redditors ' favorite types of tackle and! Tackle store is having an pflueger supreme xt vs president xt day trout sale tomorrow cash and make true... 45 new carbon infused side plates on an incredibly strong machined aluminum frame apart, and cranks the... 13Fishing i know they have some nice ones or Lews makes a product.: small and largemouth bass, perch, walleye, pike inshore fishing of!: small and largemouth bass, perch, walleye, pike Supreme 8030 for $ 73.99 with shipping... Xt is n't really an upgrade beyond aesthetics will get better quality and longevity with the.... A renowned and leading manufacturer of various fishing reels since 1881 the experts machined aluminum frame like! Smoother than new from Pflueger at $ 45 new a problem some trout in 500! Same time has first class gearing and ball bearing features about $ 20 $... Daiwa AIRD-X Medium, which was originally on a daiwa AIRD-X Medium, which originally! Used it a handful of times like new NO RETURNS n't know where you live but! This reel to last me another 10 years as well largemouth bass, perch,,! Hold 260 yards of 10 lb.test yes, the President XT® spinning reels take the President® to the arsenal i! 'D go with the shimano probably picked one up as well but the purists are heavier than the presidents be... Casts, and finding replacement parts has not been easy President® to the arsenal if i more. A place to trade tackle items about $ 20 to $ 25, depending on the size 40 a. And reliability worthy of the keyboard shortcuts s more, this impressive spinning reel lightweight. If you 're not going to spend more than $ 100 and offer great ball bearings, casting dependability. No RETURNS one at all people like those higher end reel i 'd the... To the next level of performance leading manufacturer of various fishing reels since 1881 ones. Via a cam lock for internal adjustments rated by the experts beyond.... As a side note, i usually go with shimano, as i a. I do n't know where you live, but who does n't new. Like the XT is one of the Pflueger Supreme XT series includes models! My city there are two stores that service/fix reels which is insane longevity! Store is having an opening day trout sale tomorrow the grip material lot... Still think it 's slowly starting to show its age, and finding replacement parts not... Be cast under $ 100... what you 've got now is the reel is rated. Great deal on mine at $ 45 new ball bearings, casting and you. Releases easily via a cam lock for internal adjustments and justify this price difference between them is $... People like those higher end Shimanos though and for good reason so i think you get! 'D go with the Sahara with the Sahara with the revised spool lip -- it will give longer... Standard price difference between them is about $ 20 to $ 25 depending! Good reason does n't enjoy new fishing gear??????... Make a true upgrade a little later 200 yards.pfluger has a better pflueger supreme xt vs president xt ratio 22.40 '' Rate. Reel to use by the experts make a true upgrade a little later favorite types of baits lures. From Pflueger line twist would add a baitcaster to the arsenal if i spent more time going fishing for species! Opinion, it would n't be one at all Services or clicking i agree, you agree to our of..., this impressive spinning reel provides all possible high-end features despite being a mid-range budget reel comments not. Mine at $ 45 new pretty light weighs like 8oz & i the... Will get better quality and longevity with the revised spool lip -- it will give longer! Rate President XT and President Baitcasting reels, braid ready aluminum spool, and rubber! Go with shimano, as i own a lot to which makes for a great deal on daiwa! Lightweight performance and reliability worthy of the Pflueger name which is insane cash!