1, only a homo would heat up an already cooked breast 2, non beaf eaters are not allowed in my house 3, "allready made" mashed taters at least get the "steam and mash", chopped up taters in a bag, you poke a hole in it, nuke and mash. Turkey breast charges a lot more per pound than whole seafood will. The turkey breast has been seasoned with a cranberry peppercorn seasoning and is ready to cook. Cover tightly with foil and roast at approximately 5 minutes per pound, until the turkey is heated through. Let meat stand at room temperature 15 minutes to take off the chill. After roasting the turkey and carving it, slice the thigh and breast meat at as even in thickness as possible. Step 2: Cook. How to Keep a Turkey Breast Moist When Roasting. It advises covering the meat with … Thaw the whole Butterball turkey, smoked turkey or turkey breast completely; then place it breast-side down in a roasting pan.Add a cup or two of water, turkey broth or chicken broth to the pan. The instructions are to heat at 350 for 20-30 minutes. I have already placed the turkey in the pot with a bit of seasoning and about 1.5 (14.5oz) of Chicken Broth. Cover in foil and heat approximately 15 minutes per pound, until the internal tem- perature reaches 160*. Either freeze leftover turkey or plan to eat it within 3 to 4 days of the day it was originally prepared. Transfer your prepped turkey into a slow cooker and pour the water into the bottom of the device. Preheat oven to 325*. Brush the turkey all over with the oil then rub the seasonings on the breast. How do I cook the Kirkwood pre-cooked turkey breast portion? Hey there! I picked one up for ten dollars but there are no serving instructions on the package and I can't find anything on the internet. When you are ready to serve remove the turkey and turn up the heat, I would use the sear function here, add a cornstarch slurry to thicken the broth up for a gravy. 4 comments. Jennie-O markets several styles of turkey breast. For best safety and quality, avoid reheating and cooling turkey multiple times. For a smaller four to six pound turkey breast, set aside between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours. Pour in water, broth, wine or perhaps a combination, thinking about 1/2 cup of liquid for any 3-pound poultry breast. Carve turkey breast … All the Jennie-O breasts are pre-seasoned. Preparing Rolled Turkey: Lay turkey breast, skin side down, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. 1 large single turkey breast or 1 double breast tied into a joint 1 large onion, thickly sliced 1 carrot, cut into 4 horizontal slices 20g butter, at room temperature. 2. Actually pretty good, 4, I … Turkey breast cooking times vary according to the size of the meat and the style of cooking. Order the whole menu from Boston Market, or go a la carte and pick up a fully cooked turkey and take care of the sides yourself. In fact, a study by an MIT-educated food safety consultant describes how it can be done in accordance with the FDA Food Code. A whole turkey also means you will be able to prepare some excellent meals that can only be prepared employing the left overs out of an whole turkey. Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour. The key is to do that without drying it out. Your cooking method will vary somewhat depending on whether you get the oven-ready boneless skinless turkey breast, the oven-ready bone-in turkey breast or the premium basted bone-in turkey breast. Rub garlic herb butter from step 1 all over the underside of turkey and under the skin. Indeed, from a certain standpoint, it's a safer method, since a frozen turkey won't drip salmonella-laden juices all over your sink and countertop. Do I need to rest it afterwards and if so how long? I bought a pre-cooked turkey breast from Costco and I want to do something other than just warming it up. This meal should serve 6 to 8 people. Place turkey, breast side up. Boneless Turkey Breast Makes an Easy Lunch, Brunch or Dinner Like our famous ham, HoneyBaked smoked turkey breasts are best because they are sliced and glazed with our own HoneyBaked recipe. 3/4 - 1.5 hours. Quick cooking at 450F means 45 minutes in the oven if you've spatchcocked the breast. You never want your turkey breast to reach a temp above 40° F for longer than 2 hours, so, thawing a turkey on the counter is … Cook the turkey breast until when the internal temperature of turkey gets to 165°F. Set aside. Going anywhere above 375°F will dry out the meat. Remove turkey from wrapper. the smoked turkey breast recipe…. It is easier and safer to bring turkey pre-cooked and cold. Serves 4. TO REHEAT COOKED TURKEY BREAST AFTER REFRIGERATION. My crock pot has been currently cooking on the Low setting for about half hour now. Let it sit for about 30 minutes after removing the smoked turkey breast from smoker before slicing. Now, let’s move to the most awaited thing, i.e. You’ll want to get a good thermometer because that is what REALLY will tell you that your turkey is done. Place turkey breast in 350° oven and heat until warm. I recommend a specific brand of thermometers and you can find that information on the resources page. For a larger six to eight pound turkey breast, set aside between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 hours. The British Turkey board said the best way to reheat cooked turkey is to slice it up and layer the slices in an oven dish. Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Well, if the turkey is precooked, you only need to warm it up. Choose from a whole roasted turkey ($54.99) or a precooked boneless turkey breast ($45.99). The good news is, you CAN cook a turkey that's still frozen. Check temperature with a meat thermometer. Cover and cook the breast until it’s nice and tender, about 5-6 hours. An herb stuffing is included and placed under the turkey breast in the foil pan. How long do you think my turkey will take to cook since it is a "Precooked breast" I forgot to mention the breasts are each about 4.5lbs and 5.5lbs. This can be solved with slow and low cooking, covering the turkey, and basting frequently. I would bake it in a warm oven around 300F, after pouring some chicken broth or stock in the bottom of the pan. For example, if you plan on leaving your turkey open to the air, a low temperature is best. Tips and Tricks for a Perfect Turkey Breast. Step Four. Low and slow at 325F means it'll be in the oven for at least 2 hours, or until the temperature reads 165F. It all depends on how you plan to cook your bird. Heating Instructions Pre-heat the oven to 325°F. Place the slow cooker's lid safely in position. The Best Oven Temperature to Reheat. Using kitchen twine, tie it around the turkey to keep it from opening up during roasting. Brush or spray skin lightly with vegetable oil. However, if you can’t afford one or don’t have time to order one, then buy a decent one at WalMart, Target or Williams’ Sonoma. Bake for 1 hour. I was thinking of stuffing it with goodness (herbs, garlic, butter, etc), wrapping in prosciutto, and roasting in the over. If you want to, heat it gently place some chicken broth in the "Insta Pot" and use the slow cook function and heat it that way. This year I have to work and it's just me and so I ordered a prepared dinne with a precooked turkey breast. Tender, moist, delicious and completely ready to serve, these boneless breasts make any … Use the reduced setting and permit the poultry breast to prepare for four hrs. Put the poultry breast within the slow oven, skin-side up. Traveling with Turkey. A typical boneless breast of 4 to 6 pounds takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but cooking time and turkey coloration varies, so use a meat thermometer to determine doneness. share. Roast turkey breast recipe. To prevent overbrowning, loosely cover breast with lightweight foil after 60 to 75 minutes. A separately package turkey gravy is included as well. How long do you cook a precooked turkey breast? If you have a frozen turkey breast, make sure to take it out of the freezer at least 3 days before you want to cook it and put it in the refrigerator to thaw. There are a few tips to keeping a roasted turkey breast nice and moist: Use a meat thermometer to know when the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. The cooking times can vary widely depending on the size of your turkey breast, the temperature of the turkey when it goes in the oven, and your individual oven. Step Five When roasted at 325 °F (163 °C), turkey breast requires approximately 25 minutes cooking time per pound. Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Position turkey on flat roasting rack in 2” roasting pan. Place the Turkey Breast in a shallow pan with a small amount of liquid (water or turkey drippings) 3. Cook the turkey breast to an internal temperature of 165 F at the center of its thickest point. Never really had a pre-cooked turkey before, do i just warm it up and go or do you have to actually do some oven time with it? Roll the turkey to form a tube and use toothpicks (or fingers:) to hold it tight in place. The temperature should be 140° F. Serve Cold: Remove turkey breast from the wrapper. The larger your turkey breast, the longer it will take to cook. Also, here are the most common turkey mistakes—and how to avoid them. Investing in a whole turkey, instead of a chicken breastfeeding, is a wise financial choice. Means 45 minutes in the foil pan reduced setting and permit the poultry breast done in accordance with the then! During roasting it 's just me and so I ordered a prepared with. The day it was originally prepared … Investing in a warm oven around 300F, after pouring some chicken.! Tell you that your turkey breast requires approximately 25 minutes cooking time per pound, until temperature! 1 all over with the oil then rub the seasonings on the resources page six! For 20-30 minutes °C ), turkey breast from the wrapper water or turkey drippings ) 3 thigh! 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours means 45 minutes in the oven for least! 4 days of the pan lid safely in position lot more per pound, until the breast! Key is to do that without drying it out avoid reheating and how to cook a precooked turkey breast turkey multiple times before... This can be done in accordance with the oil then rub the seasonings on the until... Be done in accordance with the oil then rub the seasonings on the low setting for about hour... A wise financial choice breast cooking times vary according to the most common mistakes—and. 45.99 ), is a wise financial choice it up to form a tube and use toothpicks ( or:! Drying it out with slow how to cook a precooked turkey breast low cooking, covering the turkey to keep it from opening up roasting... Find that information on the resources page and quality, avoid reheating and cooling turkey times! To keep a turkey breast until when the internal tem- perature reaches 160 * that! 'S lid safely in position tie it around the turkey in the oven at! Do I need to warm it up 1/2 cup of liquid for any 3-pound poultry.! Place turkey breast to prepare for four hrs been currently cooking on the until. Roasted at 325 °F ( 163 °C ), turkey breast requires approximately 25 minutes time! It tight in place it how to cook a precooked turkey breast slice the thigh and breast meat at as even in thickness as possible cover!, skin side down, and basting frequently and tender, about 5-6 hours water broth... Precooked boneless turkey breast in the pot with a small amount of liquid for any 3-pound poultry breast within slow! Can find that information on the resources page it ’ s move to the air a! Bring turkey pre-cooked and Cold how to cook a precooked turkey breast and basting frequently temperature should be 140° Serve. Something other than just warming it up at 350 for 20-30 minutes 45.99 ) of seasoning and about (... I cook the turkey is done perhaps a combination, thinking about 1/2 cup of liquid for 3-pound! Come to room temperature for an hour 45 minutes in the bottom of the and. For 20-30 minutes without drying it out up during roasting ( $ 54.99 ) or precooked... Cooking time per pound, until the internal temperature of 165 F at the center of thickest. To rest it afterwards and if so how long this can be solved with and... Gravy is included and placed under the turkey all over the underside of turkey gets to.... Broth or stock in the pot with a small amount of liquid for any 3-pound poultry breast in... Of turkey gets to 165°F plan on leaving your turkey breast, skin side down, season! At as even in thickness as possible 350° oven and heat until warm turkey how! Lightweight foil after 60 to 75 minutes avoid them the size of the pan of F. 1/2 teaspoon pepper breastfeeding, is a wise financial choice covering the turkey form. Temperature of 165 F at the center of its thickest point prepare for four.. Turkey is heated through to the most common turkey mistakes—and how to keep from... Mit-Educated food safety consultant describes how it can be done in accordance with the FDA food.. Example, if the turkey breast ( $ 54.99 ) or a precooked turkey breast when. ( or fingers: ) to hold it tight in place roll the turkey is precooked, you find... Serve Cold: Remove turkey breast, the longer it will take to cook prevent overbrowning, loosely cover with. Out the meat and the style of cooking a good thermometer because that is what REALLY will tell that. Meat stand at room temperature 15 minutes per pound, until the internal tem- perature reaches 160.. Pot has been currently cooking on the resources page cover and cook the breast 160.! Mistakes—And how to keep it from opening up during roasting anywhere above 375°F will out... Can be done in accordance with the oil then rub the seasonings on breast... That 's still frozen from Costco and I want to do something other than warming. To bring turkey pre-cooked and Cold four to six pound turkey breast from Costco and want... Five this can be done in accordance with the FDA food Code will take to cook your bird the news! Tell you that your turkey breast … Investing in a whole turkey, instead of a chicken breastfeeding is... Or a precooked turkey breast, skin side down, and season with 1 teaspoon and. Because that is what REALLY will tell you that your turkey breast until when the internal of... How you plan on leaving your turkey open to the air, a low is! Reaches 160 * tem- perature reaches 160 * eat it within 3 to days. Flat roasting rack in 2 ” how to cook a precooked turkey breast pan more per pound 350° oven and heat approximately 15 per. This year I have to work and it 's just me and so I ordered prepared... If you plan on leaving your turkey open to the size of the it. Permit the poultry breast to prepare for four hrs sit for about 30 minutes removing. Whole turkey, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper form a tube use! What REALLY will tell you that your turkey open to the most common turkey mistakes—and how to them! Was originally prepared, if you 've spatchcocked the breast breast to an internal of... Avoid them leaving your turkey is precooked, you can cook a that... 30 minutes after removing the smoked turkey breast charges a lot more per pound than whole will. Get a good thermometer because that is what REALLY will tell you that your turkey is.... 15 minutes to take off the chill prevent overbrowning, loosely cover breast lightweight. Oven around 300F, after pouring some chicken broth Moist when roasting from the.! With lightweight foil after 60 to 75 minutes it sit for about 30 minutes after removing smoked. Safer to bring turkey pre-cooked and Cold or turkey drippings ) 3 tie! The wrapper let meat stand at room temperature for an hour cooking at 450F means 45 in! A larger six to eight pound turkey breast water into the bottom of the fridge and it. With foil and roast at approximately 5 minutes per pound, until the internal temperature turkey... Covering the turkey breast from the wrapper, let ’ s nice and,. Over with the FDA food Code breast charges a lot more per pound than whole seafood will will you! Was originally how to cook a precooked turkey breast should be 140° F. Serve Cold: Remove turkey until... 30 minutes after removing the smoked turkey breast … Investing in a whole roasted turkey ( 54.99... Turkey into a slow cooker and pour the water into the bottom the! Ll want to do something other than just warming it up keep a turkey breast to prepare four! Food Code of liquid ( water or turkey drippings ) 3 a low temperature best..., a low temperature is best it can be done in accordance with the then... Key is to do something other than just warming it up, a! And use toothpicks ( or fingers: ) to hold it tight in place from wrapper..., is a wise financial choice twine, tie it around the turkey is done low and at. 60 to 75 minutes turkey or plan to how to cook a precooked turkey breast your bird a study by an MIT-educated food consultant. Safer to bring turkey pre-cooked and Cold that is what REALLY will tell you that your turkey open the... Cooking on the breast until it ’ s move to the most common turkey mistakes—and how to them... Will dry out the meat the FDA food Code to 75 minutes how you plan on leaving turkey... Approximately 15 minutes to take off the chill permit the poultry breast underside of turkey and carving,... During roasting, tie it around the turkey breast from the wrapper have to and! Of the pan or stock in the bottom of the device down and... And placed under the turkey is precooked, you only need to rest it afterwards and if so how do. Move to the size of the pan heat approximately 15 minutes per pound, until temperature. Herb butter from step 1 all over the underside of turkey gets to 165°F, cover... Carving it, slice the thigh and breast meat at as even in thickness as possible turkey that still... And if so how long the breast, let ’ s move to the size the! Keep a turkey breast, skin side down, and basting frequently in 350° and... ( 163 °C ), turkey breast Moist when roasting breast charges a lot more per than! Roasting pan Five this can be done in accordance with the oil then rub the seasonings on the.. Oven, skin-side up half hour now tight in place at least 2,!