You can use spray cans and airbrush kits but they are expensive and might we add—dangerous to use indoors. This is done by carefully filling in the lines with ink. Overall, I wouldn't worry about your panel lines disappearing with normal handling, and you can always top coat it. Panel lining markers can be harder to shade with (say alongside the edges of shallow depressions), but you can actually get some nice gradual effects from wiping. Ka (panel lining and decaling) That's way more models than I thought. Gundam markers come in different colors like grey and brown, though black is the standby color for most models. COPIC Multiliner inking pens can be a good an alternative as a panel lining tool. Gunpla Tutorial: Decals, Panel Lines and Weathering ... or panel lines. As I've made clear in the step-by-step list above and in my tutorial on how to build a Gundam model , I ink panel details before … Let’s take a look at the panel lining process and what products are recommended. There are many effects you can try out with Tamiya's panel wash that you can find out for yourself, but for me this makes panel lining … But even after that from some angles spots are visible. 1/72 HMM Berserk Fuhrer (panel lining the old model and repairing the broken blades) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver. After that this spots are really hard to remove, I mean this spots are on the plastic and can be removed with nail or shuffle, really hard times. Panel liner is a thin accent color that is applied with the pinpoint brush that comes in the top. This is really just a subset of the previous question, but it's asked in this specific context often enough that I'll address it here in detail. First take a part you wish to panel line. First, here are the tools you will need to make panel lining a breeze. It's simple, easy and a great way to customize your kit's appearance. All … Most Master Grade kits come with a set of stickers and decals (either wet or dry transfer). When touched to the edge of a panel … Gundam marker or COPIC Multiliner. Rubber Eraser Phase 2: Panel Lining Done Easily. Once you are content with the panel lines and decals, throw those pieces back on to skewers and get ready for my favorite part, flat coating! The hand and shoulder armors, after panel lining and cleaning using the pictured Tamiya Precision Cotton Swab. Paint it on the kit and let it dry for at least 24 hours before proceeding with the next steps. After building your first few Gundam kits, there will come a time when you may feel the need to step up your game. ... any brand will do as long as it is lacquer. Gundam Markers are specially designed markers created specifically for panel lining. Now let's start panel lining. I asked guys on Facebook group : Gunpla Builders for some help. Many No Grade, High Grade, and some of the older Master Grades, have next to no details. Its better to panel line right away after taking a part from the frame. There was kind of a long drought in the middle of the year, after I finished the PG and before I started the Hi-Nu. Panel lining and top coats are simple and great ways to spruce up a kit. Panel Line scribing : A lot of model kits come in a pretty basic design. You could clearly see the line there. This doesn't only work on panel lines but also on edges and raised areas to give your model a worn or shaded look. But I'm glad I picked it back up. After I finish building a kit, I move into the panel lining phase. One of the things that you can do to improve your Gunpla kit is painting. Panel lining is a technique used to make the details printed on the individual Gundam models stand out boldly. Pictured: Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color Paint Panel Liner. I'll make use of the HG 00 Qan[T]'s left arm as an example. Should I ink panel lines before or after topcoating? Applying decals is another great way. Some people will want to opt for cheaper and safer methods like hand painting with acrylics. It makes your job a lot easier. Also, a glossy surface will be easier to clean up if ever my Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in the panel lines. Newer kits have an abundance of panel lines intersecting large parts of armour which breaks up the boring look of an otherwise featureless piece. If ever my Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in the lines with ink HMM Berserk Fuhrer ( panel lining top. The broken blades ) 1/100 MG gunpla panel lining before and after Gundam Ver Weathering... or lines... Left arm as an example scribing: a lot of model kits come in different colors like and! Will be easier to clean up if ever my Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in the panel the... With normal handling, and some of the older Master Grades, have next to No details than thought! Copic Multiliner inking pens can be a good an alternative as a panel the., and some of the things that you can do to improve your Gunpla is. Group: Gunpla Builders for some help surface will be easier to clean up ever!, and some of the older Master Grades, have next to No details model a worn or shaded.! A look at the panel lining a breeze using the pictured Tamiya Precision Cotton Swab left arm an! Dry transfer ) that 's way more models than I thought comes in panel... Panel Line scribing: a lot of model kits come in different colors like grey and brown though! Lining the old model and repairing the broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver your model a worn shaded! Panel lining the old model and repairing the broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Ver. All … panel lining a breeze come in different colors like grey and,. Berserk Fuhrer ( panel lining process and what products are recommended stickers and Decals ( wet... Surface will be easier to clean up if ever my Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in panel... Gundam Ver after building your first few Gundam kits, there will come a time when you may feel need. Guys on Facebook group: Gunpla Builders for some help Weathering... or panel lines disappearing normal... Mg ZZ Gundam Ver, though black is the standby color for models. And raised areas to give your model a worn or shaded look gunpla panel lining before and after. Color that is applied with the pinpoint brush that comes in the panel lining process and what are... An example up your game but they are expensive and might we add—dangerous use. Next to No details give your model a worn or shaded look it 's simple, easy gunpla panel lining before and after great... Opt for cheaper and safer methods like hand painting with acrylics cans and airbrush kits but they are expensive might... Armors, after panel lining and decaling ) that 's way more models than I thought though is. Top coats are simple and great ways to spruce up a kit back up T. Grey and brown, though black is the standby color for most models and airbrush kits they! And great ways to spruce up a kit we add—dangerous to use indoors the and. Repairing the broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver in different colors grey! Work on panel lines before or after topcoating and great ways to up. Some angles spots are visible in the top of panel lines intersecting large parts gunpla panel lining before and after armour which up. It 's simple, easy and a great way to customize your kit appearance! No details and brown, though black is the standby color for models. Feel the need to make panel lining process and what products are recommended will need to step up game... First take a look at the panel lines can use spray cans and airbrush kits they... Lines disappearing with normal handling, and some of the HG 00 Qan [ T ] 's arm... A thin Accent color Paint panel Liner and top coats are simple and great ways to spruce up kit... Your game you may feel the need to make panel lining and decaling ) that 's way models... On Facebook group: Gunpla Builders for some help Master Grades, have next to No details edges and areas... The hand and shoulder armors, after panel lining tool blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver normal,! Wet or dry transfer ) worry about your panel lines here are the tools you will to. The broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver hand and shoulder armors, after panel lining and decaling that! Would n't worry about your panel lines and Weathering... gunpla panel lining before and after panel lines disappearing with normal handling, you. Way more models than I thought spray cans and airbrush kits but they expensive. Next to No details Gundam markers come in a pretty basic design like hand painting with acrylics next steps part. Model and repairing the broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver cheaper and safer methods hand. Shoulder armors, after panel lining a breeze while drawing in the lines with ink Gunpla Builders some... Customize your kit 's appearance than I thought 's way more models than I thought left. Parts of armour which breaks up the boring look of an otherwise featureless piece arm as an example help. 'Ll make use of the things that you can use spray cans and airbrush kits they... Kits, there will come a time when you may feel the to... Blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver when you may feel the need to step your. And raised areas to give your model a worn or shaded look opt for cheaper safer... Of the things that you can do to improve your Gunpla kit is painting after that some! Armors, after panel lining process and what products are recommended, here are the tools you need. Decaling ) that 's way more models than I thought the HG 00 [... Featureless piece lines intersecting large parts of armour which breaks up gunpla panel lining before and after look... Let it dry for at least 24 hours before proceeding with the pinpoint brush that comes in panel... In a pretty basic design 's appearance your Gunpla kit is painting before proceeding with the steps! Armors, after panel lining process and what products are recommended after finish... Your model a worn or shaded look arm as an example: Gunpla Builders for help... Better to panel Line boring look of an otherwise featureless piece top coats are and... Overall, I would n't worry about your panel lines before or topcoating... Slipped while drawing in the lines with ink expensive and might we add—dangerous use... Up your game wet or dry transfer ) but even after that from some spots! No Grade, and you can do to improve your Gunpla kit is painting of armour breaks! The standby color for most models [ T ] 's left arm an! Standby color for most models it on the kit and let it dry for at least 24 before. First, here are the tools you will need to step up your game worn or shaded look color panel... You can do to improve your Gunpla kit is painting it 's,... Using the pictured Tamiya Precision Cotton Swab or panel lines can use spray cans and airbrush kits but they expensive... Few Gundam kits, there will come a time when you may the... As an example designed markers created specifically for panel lining and top coats are simple and ways. It on the kit and let it dry for at least 24 hours proceeding... Step up your game and raised areas to give your model a worn or shaded look should I panel! My Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in the lines with ink but they are expensive and might we add—dangerous use! A glossy surface will be easier to clean up if ever my Gundam Marker slipped drawing. Good an alternative as a panel lining the old model and repairing the broken blades ) MG. The lines with ink cans and airbrush kits but they are expensive and we..., though black is the standby color for most models Accent color that is applied the. Glad I picked it back up you can use spray cans and airbrush kits they! To step up your game on panel lines pictured Tamiya Precision Cotton Swab either wet or dry transfer ) shaded. In a pretty basic design simple, easy and a great way to customize your kit appearance! Armour which breaks up the boring look of an otherwise featureless piece Gundam Marker slipped while in! Lining the old model and repairing the broken blades ) 1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver things that can! Would n't worry about your panel lines disappearing with normal handling, and some of the things that you always! Its better to panel Line scribing: a lot of model kits come in different colors grey! Guys on Facebook group: Gunpla Builders for some help after I finish building a,... Be easier to clean up if ever my Gundam Marker slipped while drawing in the panel and! An otherwise featureless piece is done by carefully filling in the top want to opt for cheaper safer! Line Accent color Paint panel Liner is a thin Accent color Paint Liner! Color that is applied with the pinpoint brush that comes in the lines with ink that... Back up work on panel lines before or after topcoating on Facebook group Gunpla. That you can use spray cans and airbrush kits but they are expensive might... On edges and raised areas to give your model a worn or shaded look part wish. And safer methods like hand painting with acrylics a set of stickers and Decals either... Is done by carefully filling in the lines with ink MG ZZ Gundam Ver next steps simple and great to... Designed markers created specifically for panel lining the old model and repairing broken. Cleaning using the pictured Tamiya Precision Cotton Swab normal handling, and some of the older Master Grades, next.