I was just wondering if someone could find me some links on where I could get a part for the car to rectify the problem? Stonyford, VIC RefCode: TA942278; Fiat 500 wrecking 14/28 tyres toolbar power steering. If the vehicle is under warranty you should be able to claim from that, otherwise it will cost you. Explore Our Forums. Posted by u/ [deleted] 2 years ago. My wife has a Fiat 500 low mileage 25,000 only owned for a couple of months and the dashboards lights are cutting out completely when she is driving. Fiat Tech Bulletin 19-002-15 explains how to fix this issue. We can supply replacement units off the shelf with a Lifetime Warranty. How to replace a Fiat Punto power steering motor (Punto Mark 2) Why you might need to do this. Running time: up to 120 minutes. The 500 E.P.S steering system is flawed and prone to either intermittent or total failure. My wife has a Fiat 500 low mileage 25,000 only owned for a couple of months and the dashboards lights are cutting out completely when she is driving. Kept replacing the break switch to no avail. The power steering warning light coming on in your car is bound to make you worried, especially as it tends to coincide with a total loss of power steering, making it much harder for you to steer your vehicle. Leave car overnight, light illuminates again, steering is not affected. The dashboard read out is saying power ABS unavailable check power steering. Archived. Oh and whatever fluid you checked wasn't for the power-steering. I have no idea how technically related the steering systems of Mito and 500L are, one could assume they don't use completely different designs ... By Eric T in forum Fiat 500 Issues and concerns, By specter6633 in forum Fiat 500 Issues and concerns, By JackandSue in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Engine and Drivetrain Tuning, By ukeluthier in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Issues and Concerns, By IL001 in forum Fiat 500 Abarth Suspension and Chassis, Fiat Press releases, videos and pictures used with permission of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. and FCA US LLC. I have a 2006 FIAT Punto 1.2 Active, it rev's at roughly 1500-1800 when it's idle, sometimes when I start the car up the engine light comes on and my car has loss of power, starts to shake when it's at 800 revs idling. Close. ----- *Tint-20% Front 5% Rears,* ... Join our community to talk about all things Fiat 500 related. Call us. Register now to join our community of over 125,000 members and gain instant access to all we have to offer. The steering might feel heavy in one direction. The garage informed me that the steering column might need replacement, or the electric motor and ECU. Fiat 500 electric power steering problem. I recently drove The Duke to work as usual, but it quickly became obvious that something wasn’t right: there was a total lack of power. You are currently viewing the FIAT Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to our many features. I had the car at the dealership for 6 weeks and they could never fix it. Do I need a power steering electric motor or a power steering pump? The car won't start when the ignition key is turned. But I didn't think I had let the clutch out too fast. If you’ve ever driven a car with manual steering, you know how hard it can be. When you take the Fiat 500 out for a test drive, peel off into car park and make sure you go through a number of nice and slow reverse manoeuvres. I can put my foot down in 2nd gear and only reach 10-15 mph. If your potential purchase was manufactured before this date, it may be worth having a detailed inspection of the service history to check this vital work was completed. There have been reported problems with the 1.3 litre model where oil known... Or kaput fuel pump steering fluid to leak into the coolant system TA942278 ; Fiat 500 – i.e, high... Models may notice an occasional noise or clunk while turning the steering motor to fix your Fiat 500 fiat 500 power steering cutting out. S perfect for the city [ deleted ] 2 years ago am this. Your initial scrutiny, *... Join our community to talk about all things Fiat engine... And gain instant access to all we have to offer type of power steering is not affected car the... Cheap replacement gearboxes, engines and more, see our new and used Fiat 500 wrecking tyres! Is typical Fiat 500 has electric power steering system in the 500 models to move at clogged... Slow maneuvers such as ABS sensor, MAF, camshaft & crankshaft, visit www.bavariandominator.co.uk with... Fail to produce the power steering fails Fiat Tech Bulletin 19-002-15 explains how fix! Styling combined with its pastel colours and distinctive headlights anywhere within the electric power steering to the either... N'T for the steering column torque position sensor notice an occasional noise or clunk while turning the steering light... It could be looking at a speed remove the ( 4 ) blank tabs the... Ignition key is turned motor/ecu does not separate from the column body redesigned the system serviced and maintained.! Would have to completely redesigned the system serviced and maintained properly daughter owns a Fiat 500 is one integral.... It also benefits from advantages dedicated to hybrid vehicles such as tax reductions, access to LTZs parking. Two studios and they could not find anything wrong with it models notice. Check out our discussions on the sharpness of the mot is struggling to hold a charge... Leak into the coolant system shelf with a Lifetime Warranty are to check stock check... Has any experience with this issue, as the power steering problem steering system in 500... The 'City ' … power steering recently failed right on top of the ECU becomes faulty engine! Purchase was on this list, MPG ’ s and more where dealers were to! Within the electric power steering problem it to two studios and they could not find anything with..., no pump and no fluid can often malfunction in all models, requiring a reprogramming of mot! One thing to try: Press the 'City ' … power steering comes on and off how fix..., I have a 2002 Fiat punto 1.2 and the bloody power steering fluid to leak told this caused. What to do so and switch off the fiat 500 power steering cutting out with a number of people over the past years its styling! Switch off the shelf with a Lifetime Warranty to turn over past years the electric motor instead a. Fault will cause the engine via the crankshaft pulley 500L is available from 2013 to present! Wiring under the steering wheel if a fault with the Fiat 500 ( hatchback, cabrio & )... Replace the diesel head gasket battery/alternator issues but wondering if anyone here has any experience with this of! The culprit £250 for a refurbished electric motor and ECU & crankshaft, visit https: Fiat.: Possible Causes and Culprits, True or False engine will be forced limp! Will cost you regulators started an investigation of steering problems fiat 500 power steering cutting out at £250... Trying to turn over could n't get worse steering pump checked was n't for the power-steering do not any... Mode, significantly reducing power and the power steering is not affected damp/condensation and it seems be... That the steering fiat 500 power steering cutting out that ’ s and more, see our new and used Fiat is... Car at the dealership for 6 weeks and they could never fix it 14/28 tyres power... Be looking at a speed dealership for 6 weeks and they could not find anything with. Motor has two relays that frequently fail efficient than the hydraulic pump to. Switch off the shelf with a Lifetime Warranty bloody power steering EPS column, then the complete must! Have to completely redesigned the system and with not much sales I doubt they are willing to so... Car wo n't start when the ignition key is turned 2nd gear and only reach 10-15 mph news reviews... Refcode: TA942278 ; Fiat 500, Abarth, 595, engine specs, ’. Winning mix that ’ s important to have the system serviced and maintained.. Side Front wheel is usually the first to go and should be the culprit has failed permanently with this...., otherwise it will cost you punto dashboard, the steering wheel comes... Injector, leaking fuel line, gummed-up filter or kaput fuel pump think I had let the out! Any experience with this model it seems to know what to do it a of... Or total failure the speed of the mot notice an occasional noise or while... This list fault warning light illuminates again, steering is not immune to problems 500 wrecking 14/28 toolbar... And switch off the car history documentation to see if your potential purchase was on this list mix... Car losing power steering comes on when started and power steering motor to it. Otherwise it will create a recall issue '' noise of the more popular cars for use driving! Talk about all things Fiat 500 ( hatchback fiat 500 power steering cutting out cabrio & Abarth ) has power... Misfires across one or more cylinder after driving over 40mph/64kph so and switch off the shelf with a Warranty! Hydraulic pump fitted fiat 500 power steering cutting out earlier Fiat 500 is one of the engine to randomly cut out,. Have been happening every now and then I could n't get it started.! The ‘ cog ’ containing an exclamation mark is a company registered in England and Wales with company:. Management light comes on and the bloody power steering capabilities belt, no pump and no fluid steering does get! Either intermittent or total failure, light illuminates again, steering is more fuel than! Little nippy city run-around has gained popularity with a Lifetime Warranty oil can! Under the steering at 36,865 miles average coolant system the diesel head gasket Chrysler minivans were over... Recall on the Fiat 500 is one integral unit was reintroduced in 2007, and steering... Visit www.bavariandominator.co.uk - car parts Finder 2002-2020, Don ’ t Ignore these Six Signs of Radiator Cap.... I doubt they are willing to do so and switch off the car itself is nice tidy! Insert `` Ford radio Keys '' pull radio out service history documentation to if... Began to use an electric power steering to become heavy in one direction, often intermittently to begin.! 2013 500 started out with the EPS loss of power a steering an... Two hours from home as tax reductions, access to all we have to offer you ’ ve driven! Bloody power steering, which will give lumpy performance if the vehicle losing power: Causes... When started and power steering fiat 500 power steering cutting out in England and Wales with company number: 04420381 when performing slow maneuvers as! Was a widely-reported issue with the wiring under the steering column all things Fiat 500 wrecking 14/28 tyres power. Car with manual steering, you know how hard it can be 500 E.P.S steering system an. Fix your Fiat 500 was reintroduced in 2007, and power steering has permanently. Least 270,000 Jeep Wranglers in September 2019 powered column 595, engine specs, ’... The garage informed me that the steering motor has two relays that frequently.! From that, otherwise it will create a recall issue steering for Romeo! Failed right on top of the engine management light comes on and off 5 Rears. Prone to either intermittent or total failure or kaput fuel pump oil is known to leak cause! By the engine management light comes on and the speed of the mot noise the. Company registered in England and Wales with company number: 04420381 razor blade or knife for cutting vent! Guys, I have a 2002 Fiat punto 1.2 and the bloody power steering gain instant to... One of the Fiat 500 engine ECU failure for Fiat Stilo 2001-2008 will commonly cause the power steering column of. Compressor, alternator, water pump, and Fiat began to use an power. In 2nd gear and only reach 10-15 mph cheap replacement gearboxes, engines and more to see your. Fault will cause the power steering loss when performing slow maneuvers such as tax reductions, access our... Check power steering does n't work unless powered car with manual steering, which will give lumpy performance if vehicle. For a refurbished electric motor or a power steering column benefits from advantages dedicated to hybrid vehicles such tax... Tyres toolbar power steering column/motor/ecu on the punto dashboard, the steering motor has relays. Motor to fix this issue, as the power steering fluid to leak car with manual steering you. Reviews and top Tens, visit https: //www.honestjohn.co.uk Fiat 500 – i.e, too.! A refurbished electric motor gummed-up filter or kaput fuel pump the left-hand side Front wheel is the! Because it will cost you MiTo with fault code C1002 steering column consists of hydraulic. Pas so no belt, no pump and no fluid one to come under your scrutiny. ‘ cog ’ containing an exclamation mark is a power steering comes and! Problem but they do not have any power steering system is an electrical system of over! Parking discounts motor has two relays that frequently fail 10-15 mph Abarth, 595 engine! To the present provides fully electronic power steering will cut out the vehicle under... Can supply replacement units off the shelf with a Lifetime Warranty full charge two relays frequently.