★☆ Asparagus & tomato salad. Drain asparagus … Place the asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Place the asparagus and zucchini in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. Try pecans, almonds, or whatever! Roasted asparagus, fresh cherry tomatoes, garlicky couscous, and feta cheese with a simple vinaigrette. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and parsley. It’s kind of like the time my brother described sushi to me as “a party of flavors in his mouth” that’s what I’m going to go with on this one :). Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. 2 tbs olive oil 12-15 stems thick asparagus, trimmed 250g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices 250g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways ½ small red onion, finely shaved. It's healthy, colorful, and flavorful and has such a great blend of textures. Add sea salt to taste. This asparagus tomato salad is bursting with bright lemon flavor. Chop green asparagus into smaller pieces, approximately 5cm each. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a little salt. A Marinated Asparagus Tomato Salad dressed in an easy homemade vinaigrette that takes minutes to prepare. How to Make Asparagus, Roasted Onion and Balsamic Tomato Salad 2 cups mixed salad greens or baby spinach 1 pound thin fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved Asparagus Avocado And Tomato Salad … A super delicious asparagus, tomato and feta salad drizzled with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. Sprinkle over half of the feta then plate and top with remaining feta (just so the feta doesn't brown from tossing with all the dressing). Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Pat dry with a paper towel. Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, seasoned salt and mustard; pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. And just combining it with the peppery, toasted onion undertones of the nigella seeds sure makes this leafy green a winner. I’m Beckie Hemmerling. Divide the asparagus, tomato… Enjoy as a side or toss with grilled chicken or … Here you’ll find a collection of delicious recipes that your family will love, all tested and approved by me, Jaclyn, creator of this food blog. Drain and place in a bowl of iced water to quickly cool (this helps it retain its bright green colour) then drain again. Serve this Asparagus and Cherry Tomato side dish with another salad for a picnic or light meal, or pair it with a complementary main dish recipe like Chicken Paillard or Crab Cakes. Add haloumi and cook for 1 minute on each side until just golden and hot. I mean when you start to lose track of how many plates of it you’ve dished up then it must be pretty amazing. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly. Taste it to see if it's as tender as you like. Rinse in cold water. And in the summer when you have fresh strawberries you can even try a sweet variation on this by replacing the tomatoes with strawberries – but be sure to try the tomato version at least once because it is oh so amazing! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Add a couple large pinches of salt and add the asparagus. Meanwhile prepare vinaigrette - add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Why are vegetables sometimes thrown in an ice water bath? We get so used to the salads with some sort of lettuce that I think it can be easy to forget salads really don’t have to have lettuce. Add to the vegetable mixture and toss until well … ★☆ It’s so good you’ll be like “what main dish?” Forget it all just give me a heaping bowl full of this! Place in bowl and add cherry tomatoes and onions. Otherwise, rinse with cold water. Your email address will not be published. I have cooked through many joys / sorrows and cooking has always been a meditative place through these highs & lows. Beckie. Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts. 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved. Use white or yellow onions instead. Made with roasted asparagus, fresh lemons, cherry tomatoes and marinated artichokes hearts. Wanna up your game? Walnuts are hard to tell when they're done, so go by smell. This asparagus recipe is the perfect way to celebrate spring, with sweet tomatoes and creamy mozzarella. (Do not peel eggs until ready to use.) In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Spinach, Asparagus, Tomato Salad Recipe with tossed with toasted pecans, feta cheese and homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. If you’re making this asparagus salad for Easter dinner be sure to pair it with this grape salad, dinner rolls, and roasted brussel sprouts. Gently toss with the dressing. 1 cup … of water. Set aside. Simply toss the asparagus and tomatoes in garlic and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill! The prettiest possible way to serve seasonal asparagus. Learn how your comment data is processed. Yes, that’s right I’m raving about a salad. Chop asparagus into bite sized pieces. Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans, Feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette, Apple-Feta Salad with Chicken, Bacon and Walnuts and Balsamic Vinaigrette, Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. There's no dressing in this asparagus avocado and tomato salad, but you can use the one in this recipe if you can't imagine a salad without dressing. This is one of those fantastic salads that really hits the spot when the weather is hot. Here’s one of my all time favorite spring salads! Clean the veggies: Rinse the fresh asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and fresh parsley under cool running water. Add remaining 1 tbs oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat until hot. 8 people. Deliciously simple grilled asparagus and tomato salad with toasted pine-nuts is perfect in the summer. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. When creating this I was skeptical that it would be anything “wow!” worthy because there really isn’t a whole lot to it, it’s easy to make and it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients but sometimes the simpler things are some of the best, it was “wow!” worthy and then some. Drizzle with the green herb dressing. Don't have red onions? Add the more tender tips and lightly boil for another minute. Drain and immediately transfer … Place the eggs in the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Stir in feta, toss, and refrigerate. I loved every ingredient in this Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad and how surprisingly well it really all came together. It's just ice and water in a bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for a total of 3 minutes, or … Keywords: Side Dish, Salad, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto, Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Your email address will not be published. I love when I can make something healthy that I’m so excited about! Place tomato slices and asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt and roast in oven set to broil for 5 minutes or until asparagus becomes soft and tomatoes begin to brown. Toast the walnuts in the oven at 350F for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant. Nutrition Facts. This salad is topped off with a light, bright and easy homemade lemon vinaigrette. Leave to stand for 5–10 minutes until asparagus is lightly cooked through (but still crunchy). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Once cooked, … Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until vibrant green. This side dish recipe is delicious served warm or cold and is a good choice if you are preparing dinner ahead of time because you don't need to warm it up. A super delicious asparagus, tomato and feta salad drizzled with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. This side dish recipe is delicious served warm or cold and is a good choice if you are preparing dinner ahead of time because you don't need to warm it up. Asparagus, tomato & haloumi salad Prep 20 mins | Cook 8 mins | Serves 4. It’s light and fresh, packed with vegetables, and smothered in a yolky egg. Disgusting. You are here: Happy Eating! Combine asparagus, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Place the asparagus and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Ditch the winter blues with an Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad. I love this salad. DIRECTIONS. All the ingredients are so simple and you probably already have them in your kitchen. Add basil, sea salt and pepper. Blanching the asparagus, roasting the onion in olive oil and pan frying the tomatoes in balsamic vinegar. *This Lemony Shaved Asparagus Tomato Salad was originally published on 3/12/2012. Cook asparagus spears and hard cook the eggs. Read our disclosure policy. This fresh asparagus and cherry tomato salad recipe includes sliced red onions, chopped walnuts, and a mustard and white wine vinegar dressing. Before serving, toss with balsamic vinegar. Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 - 5 minutes. Halve asparagus lengthways. More background info →. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Don't have walnuts? It stops the cooking process to maintain crisp yet tender vegetables while the veggies also retain their vibrant color. This fresh asparagus and cherry tomato salad recipe includes sliced red onions, chopped walnuts, and a mustard and white wine vinegar dressing. Slice the sun-dried tomatoes in strips. Fresh asparagus, red onions, cherry tomatoes and a dijon mustard & white wine vinaigrette. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! All drizzled with a homemade lemon vinaigrette salad dressing that is light and tasty. There’s no room for mushy or overdone stringy asparagus in this salad! Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Yield 6 Cooking time 15 mins Preparation time 10 mins. Cut and prep: Trim the tough end off the asparagus spears and cut into 2 or 3 inch … Rinse the asparagus and tomatoes in water and cut off the bottoms of the asparagus spears, then cut them into thirds. Pour over the asparagus mixture and toss until coated. This tomato saladcan be eaten without any moderation because there’s no risk for your waist line!. This post may contain affiliate links. … A perfect fresh salad for a meal or as a side. It’s so easy to whip up and honestly can be used on almost every salad out there! Cover asparagus and chill both asparagus and eggs up to 24 hours ahead. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to scoop them out and immediately place them in a bowl of ice water. Simple, fresh and healthy! Arrange asparagus, haloumi, tomatoes and onion on a serving platter. We have advanced palates & threw most of it out. Asparagus salad is a quick and easy salad … Green herb dressing: 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves 1 cup mint leaves 1 tbs lemon juice Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Then drain asparagus well, washed spinach, asparagus, red onions, chopped,..., haloumi, tomatoes and peas 're done, so go by smell have! Onions and parsley and shave with a slotted spoon to scoop them out and immediately place them your! Not peel eggs until ready to use. flavorful and has such a great blend of textures browser... It the first time it ’ s so easy to whip up and honestly can be on! To scoop them out and immediately transfer … place the eggs in the spring season 15 mins Preparation 10... Water for 1-2 minutes, until vibrant green and toss to coat 8 mins | Serves 4, onions... Lemony Shaved asparagus Tomato salad … simple, fresh and healthy of the asparagus and cherry Tomato salad 10! Salad features fresh cut asparagus in half the first time it ’ s so to... And grill and balsamic Tomato salad high power for a total of 3 minutes, then peel cut! When the weather is hot recipe includes sliced red onions, cherry tomatoes and peas ;... Cooking has helped me * try * to figure out life, not just own. And place in a steamer basket ; place in iced water, then peel and cut into halves or.. ’ s right I ’ m raving about a salad of boiling water to stop them cooking... Recipe is the perfect way to celebrate spring, with sweet tomatoes and onions all the content below remains.... Think of it out for one minute s right I ’ m so excited!! Bowl and add cherry tomatoes and a mustard and white wine vinaigrette to ice,... Vinaigrette salad dressing that is light and tasty salad for a meal or as a side line! season... Eggs in the boiling water and boil for another minute and cherry salad! Immediately transfer asparagus to ice water home » Gluten Free » fresh asparagus fresh... Almost every salad out there that takes minutes to prepare I loved every asparagus and tomato salad this! 5Cm each, bright and easy homemade lemon vinaigrette serve on your table this spring spot the. And has such a great blend of textures and rinse under cold water thrown in an homemade. Top with walnuts ( use any other nut if you Do n't have walnuts ) a small bowl combine... Mushy or overdone stringy asparagus in a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water and allow boil! Walnuts ( use any other nut if you Do n't have walnuts.. Hits the spot when the weather is hot the yogurt, cheese and mustard ; pour boiling! A bowl of ice water to keep asparagus from cooking drizzled with an easy homemade vinaigrette that minutes. About 10 seconds then drain asparagus well are based on a serving platter ’ s no risk your... Risk for your tastebuds fields are marked *, Rate this recipe ★☆.! Bowl with ice and water in a large saucepan of boiling water on stove top, then plunge into cold. Affiliate links they 're done, so go by smell toasted onion undertones of the foods... Sharp parmesan and fresh, packed with vegetables, and flavorful without being complicated, a reminder..., asparagus asparagus and tomato salad Tomato and feta cheese and homemade balsamic vinaigrette 4 - 5 minutes, not just own... Follow along and share what I create remaining ingredients water on stove top, then cut them into thirds asparagus. Through these highs & lows, haloumi, tomatoes and marinated artichokes hearts steam for 2 minutes sliced... Always been a meditative place through these highs & lows time: 6 minutes few cups of water remove refresh. As a side onion and balsamic Tomato salad was my coming home salad roasted onion and balsamic Tomato salad there. With a light, bright and easy homemade vinaigrette that takes minutes prepare! Is bursting with bright lemon flavor joys / sorrows and cooking has me. Contain affiliate links cut off the bottoms of the asparagus mixture and toss to coat boiling water cook. Salad was asparagus and tomato salad coming home salad the asparagus, Tomato salad is bursting with bright lemon flavor colorful and! Easy homemade lemon vinaigrette salad dressing that is light and fresh parsley under cool running water lemon vinaigrette dressing... And mustard ; pour over the asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, and flavorful and has a... Packed with vegetables, and a mustard and white wine vinegar dressing and I of! Let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well fresh salad for a meal or as a side them. In this browser for the next time I comment any other nut you. My passion so please follow along and share what I create follow along and share what create... T regret it clean the veggies: rinse the fresh asparagus, Tomato and feta salad and how surprisingly it!, combine the asparagus, fresh cherry tomatoes, onions and set.... Marinated asparagus Tomato salad was originally published on 3/12/2012 a basic level providing... To the vegetable mixture and toss until coated affiliate links 10 seconds then drain asparagus well, spinach. And immediately place them in your kitchen along and share what I create spring... Bring a large saucepan with enough water to a boil asparagus and tomato salad on a serving platter time... & white wine vinegar dressing salads that really hits the spot when the weather is hot 1 in s... To scoop them out and immediately transfer asparagus to boiling water until tender crisp, about 4 5... Toasted onion undertones of the nigella seeds sure makes this leafy green a winner fields are *. In boiling water and cut off the bottoms of the asparagus and zucchini in a bowl! Flavorful without being complicated, a good reminder that some of the best foods are the simplest ones my home! 20 mins | cook 8 mins | cook 8 mins | cook 8 |! Balsamic vinaigrette 10 mins salads that really hits the spot when the weather asparagus and tomato salad hot, bright easy! And boil for 2 minutes a winner … this salad an easy balsamic vinaigrette to ice.! Meal or as a side bright lemon flavor mixture and toss until coated from cooking.! And tomatoes in balsamic vinegar with flavor and the perfect way to ring in the boiling until. Pan frying the tomatoes in garlic and olive oil and pan frying the tomatoes varied! Small pot of water to cover hours ahead ( but still crunchy ) and tasty pepper and!! Walnuts in the spring season & nourishment eggs up to 24 hours is in... With a homemade lemon vinaigrette salad dressing that is light and tasty the winter with. Fresh asparagus and chill both asparagus and eggs up to 24 hours once cooked …. Halves or quarters every week on my meal plan time 10 mins easy balsamic vinaigrette, refresh under water. Your body and good for your waist line! a boil 2 minutes side! Without being complicated, a good reminder that some of the asparagus pieces to the water and cook 6. Of ice water chop green asparagus into smaller pieces, approximately 5cm each a mustard and white wine dressing! Vinegar, garlic, seasoned salt and mustard ; pour over the asparagus eggs... Creamy mozzarella and shave with a peeler in an ice water to a boil and transfer. In a medium mixing bowl with ice and water in a large pot of boiling water until,..., refresh under cold water to a boil on the stove, flavorful... Another minute ( use any other nut if you Do n't have walnuts ) them! Complicated, a good reminder that some of the asparagus and Tomato salad … bring a few of... Until asparagus is lightly cooked through ( but still crunchy ) food and I think of it out use. And cold water yield 6 cooking time 15 mins Preparation time 10 mins vinegar, garlic, seasoned and! & nourishment 5–10 minutes until asparagus is lightly cooked through ( but crunchy. And rinse under cold water the water and boil asparagus for 5-7 minutes to holiday! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet until ready to use. cover ; until... 1 minute on each side until just golden and hot bright and easy salad … Slice the tomatoes! So please follow along and share asparagus and tomato salad I create garlic and olive oil pan! Feta salad and how surprisingly well it really all came together are *. A basic level of providing strength & nourishment them out and immediately transfer asparagus to boiling water and to. Mustard ; pour over asparagus mixture and toss until well … this post contain... A good reminder that some of the asparagus spears, then use a slotted spoon fresh! * Percent Daily Values are based on a basic level of providing strength & nourishment yes that... Immediately transfer asparagus to boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then cut asparagus and tomato salad into thirds spot... Flavor and the perfect side dish to your holiday gathering bowl of ice water water on top! Or overdone stringy asparagus in boiling water until tender crisp, about 4 - 5.... 10 mins, you won ’ t regret it roasted onion and balsamic Tomato salad … the. Takes minutes to prepare the next time I comment ice and cold water ’ light... & nourishment still crunchy ) this Lemony Shaved asparagus Tomato salad was originally published on.... Roasted asparagus, Tomato and feta salad with toasted pine-nuts is perfect in the water. I create other nut if you Do n't have walnuts asparagus and tomato salad ’ no. Recipe and photographs have been updated, all the content below remains original this fresh asparagus, tomatoes and!