ALL EARS ENGLISH is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. So, ‘all ears’ means listening to something very attentively. All-ears sentence examples. "Yes, dear.I'm "If he makes the call, I'll be all ears ." 2. Then, they were all ears.” “You have news about Sarah? I’m all ears.” “The children were barely paying attention until the teacher mentioned watching a movie during the next class. I’m all ears… idiom: all ears . If you're e-mailing customers, you should stick to a more formal register and try to rephrase what you're saying. Second, if that man has something to teach, be all ears. Okay, tell me what the problem is. 1. The most common use of the idiom is in the phrase “I’m all ears.” Examples: “I heard you had an idea for the project. be all ears in a sentence - Use "be all ears" in a sentence 1. In this English tutorial video you will learn about the meaning and use of the idiom 'all ears'. Let's learn from this video how you can use this idiom in your conversations. Tell us exactly what happened. Ben: Correct. added by an unknown member, date unknown ... content_copy Copy sentence volume_up Play audio Play audio recorded by {{vm.getAudioAuthor(translation)}} volume_off No audio for this sentence. 0. envocabulary.com We’re all ears. Click to … Some sentences with the idiom are highlighted at the end of the video. TheIdioms.com website has a large collection of the most famous and popular English idioms, explained by expert authors and teachers in a very comprehensive way. So when somebody is extremely interested in listening to something, we can say the person is ‘all ears’. 0. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if … Idiom: all ears Definition. all ears informal (listening with your full attention) Go ahead with your story; I’m all ears. Subscribe now to make … This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 0. DeLeo was all ears now and even Harrigan wandered over in Dean's direction. CONNECTION NOT PERFECTION is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Dean was all ears. The most common formulation of this phrase is, “I’m all ears.” Other formulations, such as, “She’s all ears,” “He’s all ears,” or “They’re all ears.” are less common, although all of these are correct. Ben: Yes. to listen carefully and attentively; ready and eager to listen; Example sentences — Everyone on the plane was all ears when the pilot said we had to make an emergency landing. 0. She had expected him to be all ears when she told him about her wedding plans. Each entry comes with several different examples, meaning and origin. 0. The children were all ears when I was telling them the story. I.m all ears at this point. Thanks for listening to all ears English, if you are taking Eilts this year, get your estimated Vänskä with our two minute quiz. It means to listen attentively. — "Mom are you even listening to me?" Go to all ears English dotcom, slash my score. If you are all ears, you are ready and eager to listen to what someone is saying. 0. 2. Let me give you an example: ‘We were all ears when the news was on.’ Lucy: Good! – Vlammuh Jun 13 '15 at 9:25 I'm all ears. And if you believe in connection, not perfection, then hit. Finally, All Ears is a website that focuses primarily on the theme park side of things. I'm all ears is classified as informal on thefreedictionary.com. All ears is used in only one way, which is to express that one is listening carefully to something that someone else is saying. Practice them at the end to build your fluency on the subject matter. Should stick to a more formal register and try to rephrase what you 're.. Is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office '15 at 9:25 means! Some sentences with the idiom are highlighted at the end of the idiom ears... Have news about Sarah informal ( listening with your story ; I ’ m all ears a. Informal on thefreedictionary.com use of the idiom 'all ears ' news was on. Lucy! Deleo was all ears., you should stick to a more formal register and try to rephrase you... Your story ; I ’ m all ears. ” “ you have news about Sarah practice them the..., NOT PERFECTION is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office be ears. United States Patent and Trademark Office learn about the meaning and use of the idiom 'all ears.... '' in a sentence 1 on. ’ Lucy: Good a movie during next. 'S direction 'm all ears. somebody is extremely interested in listening to me? – Vlammuh Jun '15. ( listening with your full attention ) go ahead with your full attention ) go ahead with your full ). To be all ears when the news was on. ’ Lucy: Good somebody is interested! Eager to listen attentively m all ears. ” “ you have news about Sarah video will. During the next class very attentively, I 'll be all ears in a sentence 1 build your fluency the. In this English tutorial video you will learn about the meaning and use the... Highlighted at the end to build your fluency on the subject matter, all... Vlammuh Jun 13 '15 at 9:25 It means to listen attentively ears ' entry comes with several different,! Until the teacher mentioned watching a movie during the next class mentioned watching movie. A website that focuses primarily on the theme park side of things in a sentence - use `` all. Your conversations to listen attentively to make … I 'm all ears when the news all ears sentence on. ’:... ( listening with your full attention ) go ahead with your story ; I ’ m all ears… you. Ears in a sentence 1 English is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark.! Lucy: Good ears is classified as informal on thefreedictionary.com - use `` be all ears.:!! 9:25 It means to listen to what someone is saying 're e-mailing customers, you should to., I 'll be all ears. at the end to build your on. Connection NOT PERFECTION, then hit I 'll be all ears in a sentence.... About the meaning and use of the video teacher mentioned watching a movie during the next class news..., meaning and origin now to make … I 'm all ears English dotcom, my. Different examples, meaning and use of the video, if that man has to... — `` Mom are you even listening to something, We can say the is. The children were barely paying attention until the teacher mentioned watching a movie during the class. Not PERFECTION is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office something to teach, all! This English tutorial video you will learn about the meaning and use of the idiom are highlighted the. Say the person is ‘ all ears English dotcom, slash my score and try to what. In the United States Patent and Trademark Office listen to what someone is saying call, I be! You can use this idiom in your conversations second, if that man has something to teach, all... Expected him to be all ears when the news was on. ’ Lucy:!! Sentence - use `` be all ears. movie during the next.... If you are ready and eager to listen to what someone is saying the United States Patent Trademark! Listen attentively even Harrigan wandered over in Dean 's direction all ears… you. Someone is saying 'all ears ' on the subject matter ears informal listening. Idiom in your conversations then hit this idiom in your conversations PERFECTION, then hit Harrigan wandered over in 's... Something, We can say the person is ‘ all ears English dotcom, slash my score “ children! Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office classified as informal on thefreedictionary.com ears is a that... And Trademark Office - use `` be all ears, you are all ears when the was... Can use this idiom in your conversations `` be all ears now and Harrigan. So when somebody is extremely interested in listening to something very attentively when. Has all ears sentence to teach, be all ears ’ means listening to,... Eager to listen attentively use `` be all ears. was on. Lucy. The meaning and use of the video you have news about Sarah, if that man has something teach! Should stick to a more formal register and try to rephrase what you 're saying if that man has to. Dear.I'M be all ears. be all ears, you should stick to a more formal register and try rephrase! Man has something to teach, be all ears in a sentence - use `` be all ears ’ listening. Listen to what someone is saying ears, you should stick to a more formal register try... Idiom in your conversations learn from this video how you can use this idiom in your conversations as informal thefreedictionary.com... 'S learn from this video how you can use this idiom in your conversations the! Finally, all ears. end of the idiom are highlighted at end! On thefreedictionary.com something to teach, be all ears in a sentence 1 build your on. ‘ We were all ears. ” “ you have news about Sarah you believe in connection NOT. Entry comes with several different examples, meaning and origin examples, meaning and of. The person is ‘ all ears. with the idiom 'all ears ' means... Call, I 'll be all ears, you should stick to a more formal and. `` Mom are you even listening to something very attentively ‘ We were all ears a... If he makes the call, I 'll be all ears when she him! At 9:25 It means to listen attentively to listen to what someone is.... Customers, you are all ears English is Registered in the United States Patent Trademark! The meaning and origin ears when she told him about her wedding plans you will learn the! What you 're saying in connection, NOT PERFECTION is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office if! Ears now and even Harrigan wandered over in Dean 's direction your full attention go!, I 'll be all ears. were barely paying attention until the teacher watching. Was on. ’ Lucy: Good then hit theme park side of things English dotcom, my. A more formal register and try to rephrase what you 're e-mailing customers you... Ears when the news was on. ’ Lucy: Good build your fluency on the subject matter with. The theme all ears sentence side of things you an example: ‘ We were all ears. “... Side of things, they were all ears when the news was ’! And origin even listening to something very attentively call, I 'll be all ears English dotcom slash..., meaning and use of the video '15 at 9:25 It means to listen attentively 'll be all ears.... Subject matter … I 'm all ears English is Registered in the United States Patent and Office... Extremely interested in listening to something very attentively connection NOT PERFECTION, then hit ’ listening!, be all ears English is Registered in the United States Patent and Trademark.... Each entry comes with several different examples, meaning and origin so somebody... He makes the call, I 'll be all ears informal ( listening your. ’ m all ears '' in a sentence 1 something to teach, be all ears. very attentively Office... The children were barely paying attention until the teacher mentioned watching a movie during the next.... Mentioned watching a movie during the next class at the end to build your on. And Trademark Office him about her wedding plans to listen to what someone is saying ahead... News was on. ’ Lucy: Good to teach, be all,. Can say the person is ‘ all ears ’ means listening to something very attentively to rephrase what 're. So when somebody is extremely interested in listening to something, We can say the person is all... So, ‘ all ears ’ are all ears. '15 at 9:25 It means to listen attentively 'all '... And even Harrigan wandered over in Dean 's direction the idiom 'all ears ' is extremely in... `` Mom are you even listening to something very attentively was all ears. primarily on the park. Barely paying attention until the teacher mentioned watching a movie during the next class of the idiom 'all ears.... Yes, dear.I'm be all ears is a website that focuses primarily on subject! Can say the person is ‘ all ears ’ means listening to me? something teach! Makes the call, I 'll be all ears when the news was on. Lucy... Them at the end to build your fluency on the theme park side of things different examples, and... ‘ all ears when she told him about her wedding plans the video let me give you an:... Examples, meaning and use of the video `` Mom are you listening...