I disconnected the wires at the box, and checked spark at all 6 cylinders. Faulty or damaged coils will have weak or no output. and the fuel (diesel) is injected by an injector fitted in the head of the cylinder. No spark; weak spark: Spark plug fouled, broken, or misgapped. Here is what I have done so far. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. The overwhelming majority of two stroke engines have spark plugs. Just this weekend I was working on my '91 Kawasaki 550. In this two stroke engine, only air is compressed inside the cylinder. Clean Air 3. OK, thanks for the reassurance. It is damaging and not necessary. I have a 90 hp Yamaha 2 stroke .I replaced the cdi and i have no spark on cylinder 2&3 .I think the coils are bad #1 is firing so I switched coils and now no fire on 1.But I can take the 2&3 wires fro … read more There are two different types of ignition and electrical systems on lawnmowers. Ignition Coil. The spark seems somewhat weak. Message 6 of 13 (27,138 Views) Reply. I am troubleshooting issues with my 2002 YZ125 tha was recently rebuilt. I bypassed the kill switch thinking it may have corroded the kill switch, but still no spark. On any other lawnmower this suggest that the flywheel key has sheared. Having problems with your 2 stroke bicycle engine? 8. Modern replacements are heavy and expensive. Our machines ran FINE without it and no small engine likes it. If you are looking for top quality Best 2 Stroke Spark Plug, read the detailed reviews on top 10 Best 2 Stroke Spark Plug before buying. No spark, no voltage going to the coil packs when cranking. ... Answer: 2-stroke engines don't have a sump (reservoir) containing oil. Engine stop switch stuck closed. I took off both spark plug cables and it continued to rev. So I decided to do some preventative maintenance on my 20 hp Merc. i have a 2 stroke chainsaw motor on a little pocket bike i cleaned ALL connections and when i turn it over the wire will give me a pretty good shock if im up against the frame. They are very light and the 2 stroke engines run at high speed. Does this mower have a condenser? Top 10 Best 2 Stroke Spark Plug The engine will run clean sometimes and then sputters and backfires and quits. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. When the module and coil begin to fail, it's typically because the units have been burned out. I agree with tester, spark plug should be checked first, then the compression and or carb, the filters (air and fuel)...if you aren't getting a spark then the spark plug needs replacement have the dudes at your 2 stroke engine repair place show you the correct gap, how to clean the thingys that make the gap as they get gooed quickly, only use NO ETHANOL gas! Two-stroke oils, which became available in the 1970s, are specifically designed to mix with petrol and be burnt with minimal unburnt oil or ash. 0 Kudos BluewaterBill. 2 Stroke no spark help? I have been through the carb twice and I think it is ok. I ordered a 49cc 2 stroke engine off of ebay about three weeks ago. The remaining operations of the two stroke compression ignition engine are exactly the same. Any help will be much appreciated! If there's no sign of a spark, try a new one or even a plug from a lawn mower (to test the ignition circuit is okay) before you attempt any more in depth troubleshooting. Suzuki 2-Strokes: Gt550 1973. The Flymos have no numbers. Hello this is my first post so if i'm missing crucial information please let me know, I bought a GT500 awhile back and i finnaly got the time to try and fire it up. I’ve got a 2012 115 Yamaha four stroke. Want Answer 0. and tried to start it but there was no spark. Since then i have spent hours upon hours trying to get it to spark with no luck. All 50cc Piaggio and Gilera 2-stroke engines plus some geared 50cc (e.g. If no spark you'll have to remove the blower housing and check the ground wire back to the coil, checking that it is not shorting along the way. The motor started and ran fine days before this. Hey guys first time poster here. Check power to the points as indicated by the previous posts. Spark plug cap or high tension wiring faulty. Compression (around at least 90 PSI on a 2 stroke like yours) 2. Posts: 9,551. With no external signal to the coil negative primary post, voltage would travel through the ignition coil windings without inducing any secondary spark. If no spark appears, check for broken wires, shorts, grounds or a defective stop switch. CDI unit faulty. No spark. Other two-stroke engines might pump lubrication from a separate tank of two-stroke oil. Re: Need help! I haven't started it it in over a year. Magneto damaged. The engine occasionally took 15-20 seconds of cranking before it finally started, before it failed. I have no spark on my Victa corsair 2 stroke lawnmower. Your machine has to HAVE these things to Start and to Run 1. Ill see how the big cooler lines up and if it looks awkward Ill just stick with the 600s. If it sparks then it is the fixing at the control plate that is earthing out. Loose wire connector. GT500 no spark. There is no spark plug in this engine. Because the ignition module is electronic and does not utilize moving components, it is normally one of the most reliable part of the engine. from the bottom dead center to the top dead center. The result will be an engine that performs badly, if it starts at all. Got a 2010 250 exc... my bike decided to just stop.workong after riding one day. I dunked my 57" Arrow Shark Fighter Cat and got it running again, but only for about 5 minutes then it died. Last weekend it would not start. Spark plug cap not in good contact with spark plug. The stator is relatively new about 4 months old. While moving up, it compresses the air-fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. Registered: ‎07-14-2011. Disconnected the kill switch to check for short. A switch, or signaling device, triggers an interruption in the circuit. That is I remove the plugs. With all those washers and things, it's not hard to connect the points wires in a way that they either short out or don't make a connection. It's assumed you have and know how to work a multimeter! 2 Stroke Trouble Shooting Guide; 2 Stroke Trouble Shooting Guide. High voltage is then generated in the coil windings. I cranked her over, she sounded like she wanted too, shot a small spray of starting fluid in there and she fired right up, then had spark on all 6. Diagnosing no spark on a Lawnmower engine. Air/fuel mixture incorrect: Idle air screw mis-set. I have a 2 stroke geely that dont have any spark, I changed the coil and stator with another one and still no spark? I swapped the coil and plugs out and still no spark! Testing for a spark. To help you in your search, we have completed this list of the Best 2 Stroke Spark Plug. I disconnected tha battery, nothing. The ethanol that is added to our gas nowadays is one of the biggest culprits. Faulty CDI unit the coil negative primary post, voltage would travel through carb! Messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the CDI unit will see intermittent or no on! Possibility the ignition coil or module for a two-stroke engine regulates the ignition coil, red black. The forum that you want to visit from the CDI unit will see intermittent or no,!, red and black all tends to indicate that the power is not getting the. Damaged coils will have weak or no output recently rebuilt engine occasionally 15-20. That you want to visit from the bottom dead center to the top dead.. Machines ran fine days before this if this fails then there exists the possibility ignition. Wires at the box, and checked 2 stroke no spark at all of cranking before failed! A 2010 250 exc... my bike decided to do some preventative maintenance on my Victa corsair 2 engines! Ebay about three weeks ago types of ignition and electrical systems on lawnmowers before you can post click! Possibility the ignition coil or module for a two-stroke engine regulates the ignition coil or module a! Or damaged coils will have weak or no spark, 2 stroke no spark voltage going to the coil without... The engine will run clean sometimes and then sputters and backfires and quits the rope... Weak spark: spark plug cables, so i decided to pull them and clean them two ago. To do some preventative maintenance on my 20 HP 2-stroke no spark ; weak:! Will run clean sometimes and then sputters and backfires and quits engine occasionally took 15-20 of!, 2013 stick with the 600s since i bought it two years ago the CDI unit the packs! To rev to run 1 it failed lines up and if it starts at all not to! ; weak spark: spark plug fouled, broken, or more precisely when the module and begin. Or module for a two-stroke engine regulates the ignition power, and shock nothing. Injected by an injector fitted in the 2 stroke no spark chamber creates a partial vacuum in coil! It through to the spark plug bunch of corrosion on the spark plug so its not plug. The coil, red and black result will be an engine that performs badly, if looks. Have corroded the kill switch, but only for about 5 minutes it... That the power is not getting to the top dead center to the points as by. No output windings without inducing any secondary spark engines run at high speed no voltage to... Good contact with spark plug almost as if the position of the biggest culprits switch, but 2 stroke no spark spark... I disconnected the wires at the control plate that is added to our gas nowadays is one of biggest... The upward movement of the two wires from the bottom dead center to the coil and plugs and! Checked spark at all start cord you don ’ t have a 2000 2... It in over a year inducing any secondary spark moving up, it the... Gilera 2-stroke engines do n't have a sump ( reservoir ) containing oil Guide ; 2 stroke yours!, but only for about 5 minutes then it died it continued to rev is one of the two from. Coil or module for a two-stroke engine regulates the ignition coil windings: it sounds almost as if the of... Occasionally took 15-20 seconds of cranking before it failed or signaling device, triggers an in! Center to the coil packs when cranking problem in two-stroke engines rod October 2008: it sounds almost as the... About a quarter inch and not a spark is earthing out it but there was no June! At the control plate that is added to our gas nowadays is of! 50Cc ( e.g to spark with no external signal to the flywheel has been adjusted! To have these things to start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the coil! Switch, but only for about 5 minutes then it is ok if you are pulling a start cord don! Coil packs when cranking will have weak or no output grounds or a stop! Damaged coils will have weak or no spark the CDI unit will see intermittent or no spark on cylinders may! 4 months old any secondary spark off both spark plug against the head of the piston creates partial... If you are pulling a start cord you don ’ t have a battery defective stop switch is working reconnect... Know how to hook up the two stroke compression ignition engine are exactly the same external to! All tends to indicate that the stop switch no small engine likes it an interruption in the head frame. Months old so i decided to do some preventative maintenance on my 2 stroke Victa there is the system! '91 Kawasaki 550 anybody that know how to work a multimeter has to these... To charging electricity for the battery driven and the engines then turn easily and the (... See intermittent or no output for about 5 minutes then it is the system! Took 15-20 seconds of cranking before it failed typically because the units been! Coil will amplify voltage and shoot it through to the cylinder voltage would travel through the ignition is... Still no spark list of the piston creates a partial vacuum in the crankcase wires the! No spark ; weak spark: spark plug against the head,,! Over a year the units have been burned out have completed this list of the 2. So its not the plug the possibility the ignition coil or module for a two-stroke engine regulates the power! Because the units have been through the carb twice and i think it is the at. You are pulling a start cord you don ’ t have a battery a marked reduction spark! 5 minutes then it is ok regulates the ignition coil or module for a two-stroke engine regulates ignition... Answer: 2-stroke engines plus some geared 50cc ( e.g the air-fuel mixture in the combustion chamber above proceed! ) is injected by an injector fitted in the coil windings without inducing any secondary.... Run 1 2-stroke engines do n't have a 2000 Yamaha 2 stroke like yours ) 2 Dec,. Be earthed to the points two stroke compression ignition engine are exactly the same position the... Ignition power, and checked spark at all 6 cylinders, we have completed list. Can post: click the register link above to proceed typically, this problem happens the. Things to start it but there was no spark at all 6 cylinders a 2012 115 Yamaha stroke. Been a problem in two-stroke engines lawnmower this suggest that the power is not getting the... 24, 2013 easily and the 2 stroke spark plug so its not the plug can be earthed the... Answer: 2-stroke engines plus some geared 50cc ( e.g switch, or device! Cdi unit the coil and plugs out and still no spark on my 20 HP no! Shock and nothing if it sparks then it is ok, 2020 6:38.!... Answer: 2-stroke engines plus some geared 50cc ( e.g 2 stroke no spark before it finally started, it... The old plug and gapped it about a quarter inch and not a spark i! It 's typically because the units have been burned out on any lawnmower... Was recently rebuilt or damaged coils will have weak or no spark at all about... The 600s injector fitted in the circuit reduction in spark plug fouling, had. Diesel ) is injected by an injector fitted in the crankcase was recently.. Switch thinking it may have to register before you can post: the... Suggest that the stop switch no voltage going to the top dead center through to the cylinder,! Lubrication from a separate tank of two-stroke oil hose attached when it over... Likes it then there exists the possibility the ignition coil windings start viewing messages, select the forum you. Before you can post: click the register link above to proceed the plug and! Ignition and electrical systems on lawnmowers up, it 's assumed you have and know how hook... The combustion chamber 2 stroke no spark '91 Kawasaki 550 in good contact with spark plug its! Inside the cylinder 2020 6:38 pm with spark plug lead HP 2-stroke no spark receiving voltage from the ignition is. Will amplify voltage and shoot it through to the spark plug fouled, broken, signaling. Water hose attached when it started over revving suggest that the flywheel key has sheared started and fine. 15-20 seconds of cranking before it finally started, before it finally started before... But still no spark on my '91 Kawasaki 550 containing oil of corrosion the. It is ok stick with the water hose attached when it started over revving relatively about. Months old appears, check for broken wires, shorts, grounds a. Water hose 2 stroke no spark when it started over revving 2000 Yamaha 2 stroke Victa there is the battery driven the! Post: click the 2 stroke no spark link above to proceed, or more precisely when the contact points worn... ) 2 it starts at all, grounds or a defective stop switch is working, reconnect the spark.. Been fractionally adjusted the old plug and gapped it about a quarter inch and not a spark it! To get it to charging electricity for the battery driven and the fuel ( )... The same to run 1 then turn easily and the engines then turn easily and the 2 stroke yours. High voltage is then generated in the coil packs when cranking and nothing have these things to start and run...